I was pretty excited about this unit. Not so much about the Victorian era but the final task. I love reading and an excuse to sit down and read books was beautiful. It wasn't a burden. I enjoyed the character development. I set a challenge because of the character I chose. It was interesting because no one else in my group did my character. I liked that, I felt it gave me an edge. I just wish it could have been a contemporary interpretation as well as a period one.
Designing the make up was quite challenging. My first few designs were really special effects heavy. I was loving the idea of a really heavy special effects piece but then I tried my best to simple it down to make it more repeatable.
I feel as though I probably could have made my design more complex but my feedback knocked my confidence and made me question whether I was following the brief correctly.
The hair design was something I was really pleased with. It was a quite a design process. I put a lot of thought into it because of the background of my character. I wanted something to look slightly wild so I just jazzed up a basic Victorian hairstyle.
I need to pay more attention to detail. It's become apparent that this is a potential weakness that I can't be having. I'm really frustrated that I left the stupid hairpins on display. It's bugging me. I'm looking at the photos of my work as I type this and it's truly aggravating. What I find even more frustrating is that on my second assessment I had to put the pins in for the continuity. I had managed to do it successfully without having pins on show.
I need to practice more taxing techniques that are harder to recreate. I probably could have pushed myself a little more. Practice makes perfect.
Morbi leo risus, porta ac consectetur ac, vestibulum at eros. Fusce dapibus, tellus ac cursus commodo, tortor mauris condimentum nibh, ut fermentum massa justo sit amet risus.