2:45am is the perfect time to wake up fretting about what camera settings I used for my photos last week. There's nothing I can do about it from home because I don't have Camera Raw on my laptop. I try and convince myself to sleep again and there's nothing happening. I try every method that is known to make me sleepy.
Bob Ross, David Attenborough, Trance music, reading. Nothing is helping me so I guess I'm up until later on tonight then. I'm ready by 7:30am (this is a new record for me) and I'm on the way to Uni. I get into the library armed with the photos I need to print for my continuity exam. Well well well. Look who's having troubles with printing pictures when the IT man isn't in the library. After much faffing, Ross comes to the rescue and saves me. I genuinely feel as though I'm going to rock this session today.
Assessment Time:
I'm down at the Hatch at 9am grabbing my camera and they have no sync leads. WHAT IN THE WORLD? It's 9am!
I start setting up my work station, I plug in the hair straighteners and kick off my session. I'm going through this at a really good pace that when I ask Harriet for the time I'm a little shocked that I've been doing it for twenty minutes and yet I'm nearly done with the hairstyling.
I start to pace myself a little bit here because I don't want to be rushing and skimping on the details that'll make my photos match up.
I'm really pleased with the hair so far. The only thing that upsets me is that in my images for the previous assessment I stupidly left hair pins on show. This really really bugs me because I'm a obsessive over fine details. I guess it's just a lesson that I'm going to have to learn.
The make up seems effortless. The foundation goes on well. The paling down works like a dream. I manage to blend the lilacs out identically (to my mind at least) Something has to go wrong. It has to, as everything else has been easy.
AND THERE IT IS. The mess up. The thing that will inherently irritate me whenever I look back at my photos. The lips. Last time I applied a thin layer of Duo to the lips using a cotton bud and as it was tacky, I gently squeezed her bottom lip together and when it stuck to itself I asked her to smile and it created the perfect cracked lip.
That was last time. This time it creates a completely different look. I try my best to save it with powder and a hair pin. I even reapply it. I try my best and snap the photos of the continuity.
Morbi leo risus, porta ac consectetur ac, vestibulum at eros. Fusce dapibus, tellus ac cursus commodo, tortor mauris condimentum nibh, ut fermentum massa justo sit amet risus.