Continuity Assessment : One

0 Comments
It's an absolutely terrifying prospect that's been looming over my head.

The feedback that I had received was less than promising


"It's too theatrical"
"The eyes are too much"

This really threw me. I'd practised on myself and I was pretty happy with it and when I got my feedback I had shown the make up on my model. My world just kinda stopped spinning. I felt liked my idea was cool. I'd put research into it, I'd looked at the medical side of things too. Back the drawing board with less than 24 hours to go until assessment time.

The night before I get my kit together. I grab the list and look at my feedback once more. 


'Less is more' is the theme I've got going for this assessment. I check off the products that I said I was going to use and I put them in my bag. I don't feel the need to unnecessarily clutter up my workstation.

I've even got a cup to put my brushes in to save space.




Assessment Day

Harriet is fabulous and never late so I don't have to worry about her being on time. I meet her at reception and I'm trying my best to not freak out about it. I haven't had any caffeine to prevent myself getting the shakes and messing up.

I set up: couch roll down, cotton pads, products laid out, disposables at the ready and hair straighteners on.

I start with the hair because of the two tasks I've got to do, the hair style is more technically challenging than the make up. Due to all of the elements that I included with the hair it's going to take longer.

I'm struggling to with a centre parting, I've really over hyped myself for this. PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER. Taking a deep breath, I start over. Trying to not psyche myself out. I have to do the pull through ponytail twice because I misplaced it the first time.

I cross off each step so I don't miss anything because it's a common occurrence with me to skim over things and miss key details.

Hair is done! 

Fly through the make up. Being an complete demon when it comes to detail and feedback. I take less product and use a fluffy brush to blend the lilac shade out to make it look more natural and less theatrical.  Less_Is_More.

I'm really happy that I finished within my time limit. I'm looking forward to doing it again to it next week, it's not as scary as I thought it was going to be. The truth is next week is going to be the harder one of the two.





You may also like

No comments: