After looking at my first design, I was aware there was a lack of period
reference. I wanted this look to show the more animalistic side to Bertha
Mason. I was looking at using more frizzed hair in this but on reflection that
there is hardly any reference to the Victorian.
There are some elements of this I would like to carry forward to the next
design. I really like the idea of plaits. I think they are understated and I
know from childhood memories that they are used for practical reasons. I had
really long hair and to keep it out of my way at night my nan would braid it. I
thought with Bertha being ‘cared for’ that it would have been a practical
hairstyle.
Looking at
historical references, the hair styles were smoother than Elizabethan hair.
Morbi leo risus, porta ac consectetur ac, vestibulum at eros. Fusce dapibus, tellus ac cursus commodo, tortor mauris condimentum nibh, ut fermentum massa justo sit amet risus.