Hair Design: One

0 Comments
Hair Design One:

I am a massive fan of the early Victorian hairstyles. They might not be the most flattering of styles, but they really give a ‘period feel’ to hair designs.

This is my first design.

I have made sure that there is a centre parting. This is a key element Victorian hairstyles. In the 2011 adaptation of Jane Eyre, the richer people have their hair ‘loops’ higher on their heads and they had hair spilling down either side. Bertha is locked away in the attic and described as an animal and a ‘vampyre’ (Bronte) So I didn’t think it was fitting for her to have her hair styled in a way that matched her station within the social ranking.


Harriet is my model and has really long hair, and it’s naturally wavy. I though with a little bit of attention I could make the waves more prominent. I need her to look unkept.

The only thing I don’t like about this design is that it doesn’t look very Victorian. With the next design, I shall incorporate so more Victorian elements






You may also like

No comments: