Project Evaluation

0 Comments

Final Project Evaluation:



It took me a while to get fully immersed into this unit. I think I had set myself such a high standard that I wanted to work to. I found that I struggled to balance research and practicing. I love research heavy products but I forget how long this takes to record. I like the challenge I gave myself by not going for an obvious character. I like the design process behind this when I look back at my work. The continuity assessment was really stressful because I’d never done anything like this before. After the first assessment, I felt a slight wave of ease come over me realising that it was an achievable goal. I’ve tried really hard this term to listen to the feedback that I got last term in regards to keeping my workstation tidy. It wasn’t until I started compiling my blogs that I felt a sense of pride when I compared my continuity photos.

 I was so hard on myself in my head but when I had the photos in front of me I didn’t become my own worst critic. I really enjoyed the basic and late Victorian hairstyles. I felt as though they offered a really good technique that could be adapted and changed easily depending on the character brief. I wish there had been more hair in this but I realise the SPFX technical file was really heavy in comparison to last semester.  I really beat myself up about SPFX make up. I just didn’t feel as though I could get anything right and that it never looked good.

It wasn’t until we began the Claudia and Quentin part of the brief did I feel happy and confident in my abilities. I really loved this half of the brief. It gave me so much creative freedom. It helps that I got to pick my favourite TV series as well. I’m a massive Hannibal fan which meant it was really easy for me to use previous knowledge to create and execute good characters. It was really enjoyable for me to write about something I love so much. I can only hope that I did it justice. It was nice working on someone who wasn’t on my course. It pushed me out of my comfort zone. I thought that I’d face my challenges head on and do a fairly SPFX heavy make up on both characters. I felt so proud of the outcome. It’s been the most enjoyable part of this unit. What I find really interesting is that the research side of this part of the brief didn’t seem to take too long. I think that’s because I started with a really clear goal and it just seemed easy.

At times, I really struggled to think of what to do; I love the photos and they looks like the ‘Hannibal’ posters that were used to advertise it. I think I managed to combine imagination, creativity and knowledge well for this part of the brief.


You may also like

No comments: