Jane Eyre: 2011

0 Comments
Euuuugh.

I cannot tell you how much I hate this adaptation. I mean, it borderlines my hatred of other things like:

-Clowns
-Twilight
-The new Suicide Squad film that's coming out.

HOWEVER. There were some redeeming factors. I'm sat here trying to recall them, but I'll get to them eventually.

I was really excited to watch this adaptation. I was like YAAAS Michael Fassbender, but other than that the film didn't really have much going for it. I didn't like how it was filmed. It was kind of jumping around and didn't flow very well. It was shot with almost flashback scenes and my inner English Literature Goddess is screaming.

Let's try and find some good points. The hair. My god, it was awesome. It covered the simple hairstyle we covered in class, and it was really interesting to see practicality vs pretty. What was more interesting than that was the different classes and how they styled their hair.


True to her plain 'Plain Jane' nature. She has a really basic and simple Victorian hairstyle. It's just a variation of the one we have been taught in class. You can see below in this image, the telltale 'ear loops' are present. 

Even when Jane nearly gets married, she still keeps her hair very plain. I think that this is a really sweet character trait. Even though she is looking to marry above her social station she stays humble and sweet.



Adele's hair is good too. It's like two pigtails that have been pinned forward and it's all ringlets. It gives a real sense of innocence which I feel is true to her character.

Adele is motherless because of her mental illness. Mr. Rochester does the best he can to raise her but throughout all of this she still manages to keep her innocence. She has an almost doll like charm. Even though dolls aren't charming they are horrendous, monster like creatures that scare me.


You may also like

No comments: