Developing Hair Ideas

0 Comments
I really enjoyed designing my hair ideas for my character Bertha. To me, it's always been a challenge to do hair charts and I hated the ones from last year so I tried a lot harder with them this time. I'm really pleased with the outcome of them. I'm going to keep them and use them as templates for future designs. I drew them all myself. I used a smaller version of one of our face charts as the outline for the frontal view.

I was doing my trial run of my hair design when I asked Helen for some advice. I explained my character to her and I said that I know that she was kept on her own floor of Thornfield but I was struggling with what to do with the hair. In every film and stage adaptation they tend to let her have long hair that looked frizzy. I explained to Helen the dilemma I was in. I couldn't just leave her hair loose. It just felt lazy and that it didn't show any techniques.

We had a good chat and I decided I was going to do it based on the Basic Victorian hairstyle I'd been taught earlier this year. I was going to leave the underneath of her hair loose. I just plaited it during my practice to keep it out of the way, and then I was really happy with the waves that were created by the waves so I decided to keep these in.

I was really happy with this finished look and I have decided to use this as my final design. I think there are some tweaks that I'll need to sort out but that's all part of the designing process. The images from this practice session are listed in another blog post. This post is just a reflection of how I went about designing the hairstyle for my assessment :)


You may also like

No comments: