Overall, I’m really happy with the final design that I’ve
made for Bertha. It took a lot of tweaking and adjustments and a whole metric
ton of frustration. I never knew that the line of theatrical and character make
up was so thin. I’m really happy with how the make-up looks on camera and to me
that was the end goal.
Face:
Mix up the right amount of foundation. Try to not make too much.
Start by adding a small amount of white skin base and test it on the skin. THEN
add more.
Don’t use too much dark foundation to contour, it’ll upset the balance.
Be liberal with the powder. It might look chalky, but keep blending.
DO NOT FORGET THE EARS. Especially with a cooler skin tone. We don’t want red
ears.
Gel eyebrows into place with a clear gel. Make them look rough.
Eyes:
Lilac Ben Nye around the eyes. Use ring finger to blend out. LIGHT COLOUR
APPLICATION.
Use a fine detail brush to apply the red greasepaint to the water like. Don’t
put too much on.
A tiny bit of mascara. Not a lot though, we don’t want designer looking lashes.
Lips:
Wait 15-20 seconds before pinching the lips together. It’ll give the right
amount of puckering.
Use another fine detail brush to apply the maroon to the lips. Use it to define
some of the deeper cracks that have been made.
Morbi leo risus, porta ac consectetur ac, vestibulum at eros. Fusce dapibus, tellus ac cursus commodo, tortor mauris condimentum nibh, ut fermentum massa justo sit amet risus.