For Bertha Mason, I am going to try and include elements that would be apparent due to her ill health. I'm treading a dangerously thin line between theatrical make up and character. If I can do it well, it'll look realistic but if I don't, it'll look like it would have be designed for the stage. As someone who is well acquainted with bouts of insomnia, I know from personal experience what effects this has on the face and skin. I will be looking to use different shades of purple grease paints. I will be using a red on the water line and gently spreading underneath the eyes. This is mainly to help with the description that is given of her in the book where Jane mentions that she is ghostly pale and has red eyes. Obviously, she's not going to have red eyes but red underneath. Any red near the eyes makes them look sore and tired so this'll work.
Skin tone: will be light from lack of Vitamin D, so Illamasqua white skin base will be in there most definitely be in there. I'll mix this in with the base to make it maybe one shade lighter than needed for my model.
My model: I've chosen to use Harriet as Bertha. The character is said to be of Creole descent, and I think Harriet's skin tone and long hair are perfect for this. I mean, with Bertha being locked away and not maintained as a lady of her station should be; it makes sense that she has long hair.
I may think about drawing veins on under the eyes, but again I think that this might be really theatrical. This might get scrapped.
Lips: I want to try the technique of latex on the lips. This gives a chapped and malnutrition feel to her. I think this will probably be quite difficult to recreate in my continuity assessment but I'm willing to accept the challenge this brings.
Morbi leo risus, porta ac consectetur ac, vestibulum at eros. Fusce dapibus, tellus ac cursus commodo, tortor mauris condimentum nibh, ut fermentum massa justo sit amet risus.