Hair Design: Final Idea

0 Comments

Final Design:


It was in my feedback for my hair assessment last semester that I needed to show the development of design and I really hope that I've managed to achieve this.

I'm actually really happy with my final design.

I've kept the centre parting. I think it helps add to the early Victorian hairstyle I was hoping to achieve. At first I was really disheartened because I couldn't find the right balance of messy and periodic hairstyle that showed technical ability. Another thing I wasn't really thinking about when doing my designs was the continuity aspect. I had to make some tweaks and adjustments to the designs to get this one.

The 'loops' at the front are going to be plaited from the jawline down. Knowing that Harriet has layers means it's easier to keep these fly away lengths in check. I liked the 'pulled through' ponytail effect. This design it is there more for something to anchor a plait bun to. I then thought about lacing the lengths of the plaits from the loops around the bun and leaving the ends out.

Relying on natural waves in the hair doesn't make for good continuity. So I'm going to braid the rest of the hair and then apply the straighteners down the length to create even lengths.

I can't wait to try this out. I'm really happy with this design. 





You may also like

No comments: