Claudia is a girl in her twenties. As a child she was left alone to develop with little parental guidance and through her relationship with T.V. movies developed an unhealthy relationship with Horror films, believing this to be the way life really is. All the scenes take place in various parts of Claudia’s apartment, which is European in style with a great deal of kitsch décor. She is agoraphobic and is kept in touch with the outside world by her neighbours who provide her with her every day requirements. She models herself on a variety of girls often twisting her look to suit whichever film she is watching at the time and there is often a nod to the main character in the current film within her appearance. The script portrays her as psychotic and there is always the feeling that although her character is scripted/can be seen as humorous, danger is just around the corner. However all this is normal to Claudia and she is of a cheerful disposition in this mad world of hers.
Meet Claudia. She's tall, thin and has a short bob. Claudia will be replacing Abigail Hobbs. Instead of having her own apartment, she will be living in the basement of Hannibal Lecter's home. Hannibal is a man of exquisite taste and he loves the finer things in life.
Who is she?
In the TV series Abigail is a daughter of a serial killer who is nearly killed by her father. She is saved by Hannibal and Will Graham. The reason that I want to replace Abigail is simply that she is kept in the basement, I think that this suits the brief. Being in the basement means she'd eventually be slightly insane and hence the appearance of Quentin.
I have set this a fair while after her attempted murder, so there will be no wound on her neck.
I want her to be elegantly dressed. I've got a cream dress with a lace part at the top that I want my model to wear.
I've cast Megan as my model because I think she has a real English Rose beauty. I think she's going to be able to pull of innocence well.
I'm going to be treating Claudia as though she was a replacement for Mischa. This is Hannibal's little sister. Mischa was fed to Hannibal as a child after a horrific incident during the war.
Hannibal never really gets over this... as Claudia gets older, Hannibal begins to distance himself from her. He's taught her how to hunt, kill efficiently, and be a lady of class. She effectively is a female Hannibal.
The word I originally chose for her was "White Rose" but as I began developing the make up ideas I felt as though this didn't suit her.
Throughout the entire TV series there is the ongoing theme of Wenidgos. Hannibal is the Wendigo that constantly appears to Will. So I changed the world to 'Awakening' With her temper rising due to Hannibal's distance she feels as though she's becoming a Wendigo. Growing up with Hannibal, his house has always been decorated with Stags and she associates this with a symbol of power. She's so paranoid that Hannibal thinks she's weak.
She becomes restless in her own basement. Fearing that her father figure Hannibal no longer loves her, she slowly turns insane. Always wanting to impress him.
Morbi leo risus, porta ac consectetur ac, vestibulum at eros. Fusce dapibus, tellus ac cursus commodo, tortor mauris condimentum nibh, ut fermentum massa justo sit amet risus.